There seems to be a bug with the latest version of PHPBB3. After a fresh install, if you log out, log back in and try to access the administrative panel you might get the message “Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions”.
I’m not sure why this happens (and I haven’t had time to dig into the source, perhaps I will file a bug report when time permits), but to get around this the following steps worked:
- Make sure you have remove the install directory.
- Login to the front end.
- Click on the “members” link on the top right and then click on the site admin’s username.
- Right beside the username you should see a link which says [ Administrate user ]. Click on the link.
- Re-authenticate yourself.
- Click on proceed to acp.
- You should now be looking at the admin panel.
Did this work for you? Do let me know in the comments below!