If you are reading this post, chances are, you have either recently purchased or are contemplating purchasing the ZadmiN app. If you haven’t checked it out already,
The following are necessary for the app to do its thing:
- Internet connection on your device
- Access to the admin port (7071 by default) of a Zimbra server
- Administrative access to the server
It is customary to protect the admin port behind a firewall, so make sure you can access it from the network the device is in, either directly, through a VPN, port forward over a tunnel, or other means.
Configuring the server in the app
Touch the “Configure a Server” button to get started.
- Enter the name or ip address of the server in the host field
- Enter the admin port, or a port forwarding to the admin port of the server in the port field, or leave it blank to use the default (7071)
- Uncheck the https box if you have non-https access to the admin soap daemon configured for some reason
- Enter the username and password of an account with administrative privileges on the server
- Click “Save”
Once you have successfully configured the server, a toast appears if the configuration was saved successfully. If the server connection could not be established for some reason, another toast appears indicating the reason the connection could not be established. After a successful connection, the home page will fetch and list the status of all running servers on the server. If you don’t see the services listed, try the refresh button.
You can access your server configurations at any time by touching the more icon on the action bar, and selecting “Server Configurations”. If you have multiple servers configured, you will also have a servers icon on the action bar. Touching this allows you to toggle between your configured servers anywhere within the app.
Touching the “Server Configurations” menu on the action bar brings up a list of all servers you have configured within the app. You can touch the add icon on the action bar to add a new server. Touching a server configuration brings up a menu which lets you edit or delete the configuration.